Wednesday, August 29, 2012

In Print

After 42 years of detecting I was prompted by another detectorist/author ( after writing some detector reviews for his blog) to write an article for Western and Eastern Treasures magazine. I sent it in and it was published  in the June, 2011 issue!!!  I wrote a 2nd story, sent it in, and it was also published, in the February 2012 issue.
After sending the 2nd story in, I decided that I could write a book on metal detecting. After all.... I learned quite a lot in the 42 years of searching parks and schools, and I should share some of my knowledge.

My 2 stories-- in print !!


I worked on the book for a few months and made up the front and back cover photos, and all the inside text and pictures. I even got my detectorist/author friend to write the Forword for my 1st book. It has been released and is available on Amazon.

My articles and 1st book.
I have sent in a 3rd story, to the magazine, and am waiting to see if they are going to print that one.


I have sold some of my books to local club members, a few neighbors, and also Amazon has sold some copies for me.

It is very gratifying to see something you have written in print. I hope to write more articles, and then maybe do an update on the book in the future.

Robbie


6 comments:

  1. My 3rd story is going to be in the Dec. 2012 issue of W&ET.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

  2. Check out StoutStandards, my friend Dick Stouts, blog site. It has some great information on detecting, and his history in the hobby.


    http://www.stoutstandards.com/Reviews.html

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie it is good to see that you are going to leave 42 years of hunting to read and used by others. I love the 69 Chevy and 72 Nova.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if I can help one person to find a good item it is all worth it.I had posted a video on park tips on YouTube and just got a reply that a guy after watching the video, searched around some trees he never would have thought of searching around, and he found a 18K gold ring.


      Dimeman

      Delete
  4. I sent in a 4th story and it is in the November 2012 issue of Western and Eastern Treasures. The 3rd story I sent in will be in the December 2012 issue, because of the Coinshooting theme of that month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 3rd and 4th stories have been printed.....in the November 2012 and the December 2012 issues of Western and Eastern Treasures. I also sent a 5th story in and it should be in the magazine next year.

    ReplyDelete